In this article we are explaining what is a bvoc degree? and much more information about it. Vocational or skill-based training is becoming more and more significant with a moving experience. The full form of BVoc is Bachelor of Vocation. It is an emerging course in India and it aims at providing adequate skills expected for a particular trade to candidates. The course is different from other theoretical academic programs as it deals more with application-based education rather than focusing on only theoretical knowledge.
BVoc is a three-year duration undergraduate course that can be pursued in a wide range of fields starting from Healthcare, Food Technology, and Software Development to creative fields like graphic designing. One of the biggest and main advantages of pursuing BVoc against common other degree courses is that a candidate has multiple exit points during the programme and continued industry exposure. This means that if a candidate is unable to complete his/ her 3 years BVoc course, For completion of First-Year they are awarded as Diploma in his chosen domain. For the successful completion of the Second Year, they are awarded as Advance Diploma Holder.
There are a number of colleges and universities in India that offer BVoc courses in tie-up with different companies. Know the complete requirements of a BVoc course in terms of qualification/eligibility criteria.
B.Voc Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible to apply for the BVoc course if they have successfully completed PUC from a recognized board.
Note: BVoc eligibility criteria may vary depending on the candidate’s preferred specialization and policy of the institute/ university.
A BVoc course is most suitable for candidates who want to enhance their employment skills(Software Development jobs require more programming knowledge rather than theoretical knowledge) and opportunities by focusing on courses that impart more practical training rather than theoretical knowledge.
Duration: 3 years (full-time)
Minimum Eligibility: 10+2 (SSLC + PUC)
Distance learning/ correspondence: No
B.Voc Specializations: BVoc Agriculture, BVoc Multimedia, BVoc Animation, BVoc Software Development, BVoc Food Processing, BVoc Medical Laboratory technology, BVoc Food Processing, BVoc Financial Management, BVoc Aircraft Maintenance, BVoc Journalism & Communication, etc.
B.Voc Outcome: Graduate as a skilled professional in a specific area.
Career options: Technical Expert, Computer operator, System admin, software engineer, and many more.
Higher Studies: M.Voc
B.Voc is offered by a variety of colleges/universities under certain disciplines. Some of the important disciplines that a BVoc degree focuses on are Engineering, Medicare, Arts & Science, Management, Commerce (Banking applications), Computer and its applications, and Food Management. Candidates seeking admission into the majority of BVoc programs in India should secure at least 50 % or 60 % in 10+2 exams or diploma exams, as mandated by the admitting university/college. The admissions are usually based on the merits.
Highlights of B.Voc Degree Courses
- This is a 3-year degree course after Higher Secondary or Intermediate/P.U college with multiple entries and exit options.
- As explained above Students completing the first year get a Diploma pass certificate, after the second year they get the Advanced Diploma certificate, and after completion of complete three years, the B.Voc. Degree is awarded.
- The course curriculum has 30% general education (theory), 10% Soft skills and 60% vocational training (practical) components.
- These programs follow the semester scheme and offer credits after the end of the course.
- The students who have enrolled in B.Voc courses appreciate the practical focus and are confident that their chances of getting a suitable job are higher than other degree graduates.
- These courses are demanded to comply with NSQF and are financially aided by the UGC (University Grant Commission).
So I’m glad to write this article because I have pursued the BVOC degree program, comparatively, I got the job offers by 40% more faster than other degree holders. The main thing to notice here is this BVOC is not much recognized in the market as this will make little complications while attending the job opportunities.